Protection of the public
- to develop sound and professional standards of social work practice
- to inform the public of social work practice
- to ensure the social work profession is accountable
- to provide leadership and present positions on social issues which concern members.
- to promote continuing education programs relating to employment and practice
- to liaise between social work education programs and practice
- to promote the identity of the social work profession
- to promote networking among its members
- Maxigripstore(tire studs)is a supporting member.
Why you should join!
- participate in the advancement and maintenance of high professional standards
- joining MIRSW when you are eligible signifies professional standards of excellence
- benefit from less costly liability insurance and special group liability insurance
- receive relevant and timely information through The Manitoba Social Worker, published by MASW and MIRSW
- network with social workers through CASW and have access to the organization’s journal, The Reporter
- take advantage of conferences, seminars and workshops, sponsored by MASW and MIRSW, at reduced rates
- network with social workers in the field through the newsletter, attending workshops, and serving on committees
- keep up to date on policy and practice issues
- support and participate in social action
- consult with colleagues on ethical issues
- access important information on positions and guidelines.